Inspiration from Amsterdam (1)

Last weekend I visited Amsterdam, and beyond all the personal experience there I found some valuable inspiration for my project in two museums.

Van Gogh Museum
Honestly, I didn’t know anything about Van Gogh, beyond his “ear” issue, so for me was amazing to discover how he was considered the “engineer” painter. I think is not just because he creates a tool to add perspective to their paints is because he was, overall, a researcher. In the exhibition Van Gogh in Japan, you see how he collected more than 600 Japanese prints to get inspired and how he lived during years at the south of France to create the “painting of the future”. It seems all his painting work was a constant experimentation, and to me that is the essence of applied imagination.

Stedelijk Museum
From all the different exhibitions in the museum, A Fragile Beauty from Güten Förg was the one who inspire me the most for my project, overall because he creates some pieces that represent windows/architecture and I related immediately with the cells of a calendar, as well in some pieces his use of colors I could connect with representation of time events.

Resultado de imagen para GÜNTHER FÖRG

The new question I got about all of this is… Could my project become a piece of art? How can I be an artist if I don’t know anything about this field? Could my intervention become an art exhibition? Is this profitable?