1. First intervention results and class exhibition:
During the class exhibition, I show my first intervention results. I received 8 calendars from people from 4 countries: Colombia, China, México and USA. But just one people shared with me his emotions related to each event.
- Use of time is something personal and private, however, working time is public and restricting to teams. People may feel observed or judge because their calendars, that’s why maybe I don’t receive more calendars that I expect.
- Depends on the country people present less free time between each of their activities. The USA was more spaced and flexible while Mexico and China reflect dense time management.
- On the calendars was possible to see no just working time, also time for dinner or transportation. Reflecting the blending from life and work.
- Even though I just received one calendar with emotions over it
2. Results from my first tutorial:
After presenting my first intervention, I was encouraged for my tutor to research more about anxiety, since is one of my core research areas. So, I found the following books into the library
Even though I’m still reading the firs book, there are some things to highlight:
- Anxiety comes from fear and fear related to change. What does the workers have fear of in the office? Time constrains? Expectations? Lose their job? Reputation? Where his anxiety comes from? Are they really anxious or just nervous? How to manage this anxiety at work? These questions inspire me an intervention: THE HIDDEN EMOTION BOX.
- To have balance is necessary to understand the connection between mind and body, according to Joseph Ledoux there are two types of reactions of brain conscious feelings and emotional feelings
- I found new areas to research: Mindfulness, neuroscience, cognitive science.
Because of this books and my interest in brain and mind, I found the online course: “The Science of Well-Being” from Yale University. I’m just in the second week but I found it really helpful to understand better the constrains we have as humans and how we create our owns fears and our values, and the importance to have “nudging” in our lives.
3. My serendipity moment
During my readings, and after the frustration of no receiving any new calendar with emoticons over it. I decide to find another ways of inspiration not just reading. So I went to a concert in the Royal School of Music and while listening a Saxophone Quartet, I found a match with the following song:
Music is the perfect blend of mind and body.
- Music has intervals, times and rhythms
- Music is teamwork and has the same effort
- How to create digital team empathy with a group of musicians? This could generate awarness and reduce and anxiety?
4. Tutorial with Richie and Richard
After sharing my serendipity moment . They suggest me to read Focault and Jamming and discard the idea of asking people “hidden emotion box”
During the session, I shared my preliminary
5.New intervention idea
Bring to people offices classical music, theoretically proved that relieve stress and anxiety.