The Acoustic Bucket Intervention [iteration 1]

This week by Instagram, I asked my followers to use a bucket as their personal box to sing. I just achieve two participants, but those are my learnings:

• I need to consider safety to avoid people got stocked or ill because of a bad use of the bucket. Both participants said it felts insecure, humid and hard to take the picture to confirm they do it (because they weren’t alone). Also, I should think about claustrophobic people, that may not be so able to do it.
  • Even though the intention was to relief anxiety by singing, both participants were more engaged for the “fun” of having a bucket on the head, so more than calm they meet again with their inner child.
  • Even though was not directly involved, by sharing the Instagram pictures a lot of people wrote having fun seeing my friends with the bucket on the head…. so indirectly I did others make laugh, and it could be also an opportunity to think about.

Reflection: Could I combine music, sound, and humour to relieve anxiety and connect with emotions? How does the box should be to provide safety? How could I do this should be in the workplace?

I’m thinking to create an acoustic box to manage anxiety into companies, but I’m a little bit stuck here because to test it I will need a more formal device. I was thinking to use an old closet, encouraging people on the streets to sing inside… however I just to figure out some logistic issues, to transport the closet, ask for permission. I also taught to continue with the bucket idea but using my clown experience and try to make people accept the challenge on the streets… but it was just a desperate action.