♬ The intervention I dreamed comes true! ♬

After one month of lobby contacting more than 5 companies in the digital field, finally, I found the support of an important company who build satellites to provide internet to the world. They allow me to bring a flautist into their workplace, just into the main reception. Here some highlights and learnings.

The setup

• I rent 3 devices in the CSM Loan Store
  • One camera to record the people faces
  • One camera to record the general place
  • One audio recorder to have a backup of audio as evidence
  • Three days previous to the intervention I send a Survey Available here

Note: One day before the intervention I visited the place to ensure where to place the cameras and how to prevent any disturbing situation for other offices or employers.

The repertory:

With the help of the flautist, we define a repertory with a mix of baroque and classical pieces, we also add some commercial songs, because according to my research knowing a song previously increase the level of emotional connection.

The day of intervention

With the support of facilities Manager and Coordinator, we did the setup early morning 8:00 a.m., we play the repertory from 8:35 to 9:05, reaching around 14 employees and a group of 5 visitors.

Reactions

• People got surprised, smiled and did eye contact with the flautist
  • Most of the people didn’t understand exactly what was happening
  • When they noticed the facilities coordinator was in the opposite side not all of them show the emotion they project in the video face.
  • Some of the employees say hi to the coordinator and say a gesture of “thanks”
  • Other employees were moving around to connect with some others and share LIVE MUSIC HELPED PEOPLE TO RECONNECT WITH EACH OTHER TO SOCIALIZE BEFORE TO WORK
  • Most of the people behind a room window where more engaged and expecting the next songs, also they were moving.
  • The 5 executive visitors where really surprised, facility managers were concerned about the expectations or if they wanted the music got stopped for their meeting but they didn’t have any issue, also the wanted to listen.

Learnings

• The music could be connected with the morning coffee or breakfast so people know it is for their benefit and they understand better how to react.
  • The morning music could help to the “work onboarding” so people can be easily prepared for the day.
  • The repertory needs to be better chosen to don’t repeat songs and don’t disturb people who already arrived.
  • Since people socialize there should be a

Preliminary  results

• People got engaged and show their happiness during the day
  • Some people have contact to ask if this could happen everyday
  • Some employees talk about their musical capabilities and share with others “I play the piano, I play the flute”…
  • Stakeholders feel really happy whit it an participate with people conversations. MUSIC CREATE CONVERSATIONS, MUSIC IS THIS THING TO TALK ABOUT BEYOND THE WORK
  • I also send a short survey to measure people perception of the intervention, this is the most important answer: